Post Schedule

Weekly Workout Videos - Fresh healthy recipes - Inspiration, motivation and health tips - and it's all FREE!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Strawberry "Ice Cream"

I am one of those people where if I cut out all sweet treats I would go CRAZY! Especially because I am not on some fad diet, I eat clean and healthy and plan on doing it for the rest of my life, so it's not like I can reward myself in 20 days when my diet is done and go binge on brownies because I have denied myself the entire time of my calendared diet. (a major flaw with the dieting mentality if you ask me) Instead I find it so much easier and healthier to change the way I eat permanently for both me and my family. We eat clean, if you are unsure of this method click here for an article with a quick desription of clean eating. By eating this way we try and get as many fruits and vegtables in as possible, I am not kidding when I say we have them with EVERY MEAL. But just because we eat clean and healthy does not mean we don't treat ourselves. I believe everything in moderation and that certainly means sweet treats are consumed in my family. With that said what sweet treat I indulge in depends on how my caloric intake is going and what my current fitness goals are. And since most of you reading this are trying to lose weight I am not going to give you my recipe for homemade whole wheat brownies because I am telling you they are AWESOME but they are also higher in calories even if they are done using helathy clean ingredients. Instead I am going to share with you this super yummy strawberry ice cream because it is low in calories and I find it hits the spot in calming my sweet tooth or cooling off on a hot summer day.  I originally found this recipe on The Primal Home so I can't take credit for it but I can tell you it is wonderful and for any of you who do not do dairy this recipe is for you. Crazy right, non-dairy ice cream but it's true and it's easy and delicious!



 Strawberry Ice Cream
1 banana, sliced and frozen
1 handful of strawberries, frozen
1-2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place the frozen bananas and strawberries into a food processor. Start blending then add in the vanilla and coconut milk. Just enough for it to blend together but not too much, we want it to be really thick! Once it is nice and smooth but still very thick scoop it out and enjoy! It needs to be eaten right away as it will not keep very well in the freezer. Makes 2-3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment