Post Schedule

Weekly Workout Videos - Fresh healthy recipes - Inspiration, motivation and health tips - and it's all FREE!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekly Workout - What's going on ???

I have contemplated how much information I would share in this post or if I would even do this post but in the end I felt like me saying "I don't feel well" wouldn't be a sufficient excuse to not deliver a workout this week. When I started this program I had every intention of posting a workout every week because I would personally workout every week. Well even though my intentions were good I suppose when considering the calamities of life in general it is a bit unrealistic. With that said I am going to come clean about my "I'm not feeling 100%" claim that I made last week in WW# 11 because it is important to me  you all know why there will be no workout this week. For the past few months I have struggled with various pains and issues all related to being a female ( I'm sure you get what I am saying here). Without going through all my different aliments and to make a very long and drawn out story short, last week I went to the hospital to have fluid drained from my abdominal cavity because I had bloated up like I was 5 months pregnant (which I am not by the way). I also had severe pain in my lower abdomen and pelvis that had been there for quite a while but had escalated to the point where it was unbearable. After some testing at least 3 masses were discovered attached to the backside of my ovary and uterus and abdominal cavity. What these "masses" are has yet to be determined and I will be meeting with a general surgeon this Monday (tomorrow) for further enlightenment and hopefully to acquire and action plan. Though the news is somewhat alarming especially when words like ovarian cancer are being mentioned and are a very real option, I am hopeful and positive. I refuse to let fear guide my life and take control of my emotions. Nothing positive will ever come from giving into fear and doubt and right now I think being positive is the very best medicine for me. After having the fluid drained I have felt a considerable amount better and actually have been anxious to exercise but I have been given strict instructions to take it easy and not strain myself, especially my abdomen. This is a huge disappointment to me not only because my body seems to crave physical exercise but because I truly enjoy sharing this with all of you. I get excited about Fit At Home Mom and I feel a connection with all of you because of it. But I am going to be a good girl and follow doctors orders, at least until I meet with the surgeon tomorrow ;)

 So for those of you who are on week 12 and need a workout this week  my instructions are to go back and pick one of  your favorite workouts from the past 11 weeks and do it. Regardless of what happens tomorrow with the surgeon there will be a new workout video posted next Monday, either an instruction video by me or I will have a substitute fill in for me which is an idea I have been toying with anyway and I am anxious to try it out, but the workouts will still be designed by me even if I decide to use a substitute.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding in this situation, I am hoping this is just a small blip in the road and I can be back to exercising and helping all of you in your efforts in just a short little while. Though I was pretty much absent from the blog and Facebook this past week I will be once again posting recipes and other info on the blog and Facebook this coming week because the Dr did not say anything about straining my fingers so I can certainly type up a storm!  So go get after it this week, give it your all and do me a favor and add 5 bur-pees onto your workout for me since I will be unable to workout for myself.

 Believe you can do it and all things are possible! No go get your 20 minutes done... no excuses......unless of course you have abdominal tumors like me, then take it easy! (hahaha, sorry  I could not resist the irony in the slogan for me right now, it's just too funny !)

No comments:

Post a Comment